Who makes up the KMS School Governance Council?
7 Parents or guardians of students at the school, 2 Community Leaders, 5 Teachers at the school and 1 Principal (non-voting member)
What does the Governance Council do?
- Advise school administration on issues of communication, policies & student achievement
- Analyze school achievement data and provide feedback on how to improve academic standards
- Advise principal on budget initiatives and review draft budget to ensure community input
What is the Governance Council’s Mission and why is it important to our school?
- Improved communication between school and parents
- Enable parents, school staff, and community leaders to work together to improve student achievement
- Facilitate communication of educational goals & standards to parents and community
- Attend a meeting – learn about what’s going on in the school with academics, policies, and more
- Run for a council position in May – you can then be a voting member of the council
Governance Council Elections:
- Each May the Governance Council will hold nominations and elections for new parent & teacher members. The members are expected to attend & participate in meetings.