● all items —2 weeks
● 5th Grade: 2 items. 3 If assigned a project by a teacher.
● 6-8 Grade: 3 items. 4 if assigned a project by a teacher.
● Items may be renewed as often as necessary. However, students will be asked to return material at the next due date if it has been requested by someone else.
● Items must be brought to the library to be renewed.
Overdue, damaged or lost materials
● KIS Library does not charge fines for overdue materials.
● If students have overdue books, they may not check out additional items. Overdue notices are printed twice monthly and sent to homerooms.
● Overdue material becomes labeled “Lost” after 30 days overdue. A bill for lost or damaged beyond repair items will be mailed home. A payment is to be made in the library, with checks written to Killingly Intermediate School. A receipt will be provided.
After payment is received, the patron will be reimbursed if the book is subsequently found within 365 days.