Welcome to the K.M.S. Governance Council
Who makes up the KMS School Governance Council?
7 Parents or guardians of students at the school, 2 Community Leaders, 5 Teachers at the school and 1 Principal (non-voting member)
What does the Governance Council do?
- Advise school administration on issues of communication, policies & student achievement
- Analyze school achievement data and provide feedback on how to improve academic standards
- Advise principal on budget initiatives and review draft budget to ensure community input
What is the Governance Council’s Mission and why is it important to our school?
How can you get involved with the Governance Council?
- Improved communication between school and parents
- Enable parents, school staff, and community leaders to work together to improve student achievement
- Facilitate communication of educational goals & standards to parents and community
- Attend a meeting – learn about what’s going on in the school with academics, policies, and more
- Run for a council position in May – you can then be a voting member of the council
Governance Council Elections:
- Each May the Governance Council will hold nominations and elections for new parent & teacher members. The members are expected to attend & participate in meetings.