Working Papers

The State of Connecticut requires that any Minor (17 years of age and younger) seeking to work in Connecticut must obtain a Certificate of Age/Working Papers - most commonly referred to as "Working Papers".  Working Papers may be obtained at the Killingly Public Schools Central Office, 79 Westfield Avenue, Killingly.

The Minor must appear in person at the Central Office between the hours of 8:00 am  - 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday, with the following documents which are necessary to complete the process for Working Papers to be issued:

   1. A Promise of Employment Letter from their employer, on company letterhead, which lists the following:

          - Name of Minor

          - Rate of Pay

          - Description of specific job duties, not just "job title"

          - The number of hours that will be worked per week, an estimate is fine

          - Signature of store/company manager/supervisor

   2. Identification with date of birth, which can be one of the following:

          - Driver's License

          - Learner Permit

          - Birth Certificate

If you have any questions, please contact Zita Macinanti at Killingly Public Schools Central Office, 860-779-6600 or

The entire "Connecticut's Working Papers Manual" can be found through the link below:

CT Working Papers manual