The Killingly Board of Education shall operate and maintain the following standing committees:
Facilities Ad-Hoc Committee (through November 2017, Approved on 12/14/16 BoE meeting)
The Chairperson of the Killingly Board of Education shall make appointments to each committee.
1. Appointments to standing committees shall be for two years.
2. The Chairperson shall appoint no more than four, no less than three, members to a committee.
3. Liaison assignments are not considered to be committees.
4. Any member of the Board who is interested in serving on a particular committee should notify the Chairperson promptly concerning their interest, and the Chairperson shall give due consideration to such requests.
5. Each Board member must be appointed to serve on at least one standing committee, unless the Board member clearly articulated an inability to serve.
6. A chairperson shall be elected at the first meeting of each committee.
7. The Board Chairperson shall serve as an ex-officio on all committees.
Parks and Recreation Committee
Joint Services Committee
Ad-Hoc committees may be created as deemed necessary by the Board of Education.